About Muskoka Montessori School
Muskoka Montessori School is a Preschool (Casa) to Grade 8 private school located in Huntsville, Ontario.
The mission of our school is to provide an educational environment that nurtures the child’s development intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally in accordance with Maria Montessori’s curriculum and philosophy. This child-centered environment integrates the commitment of parents, educators, and administrators to the realization of every child reaching his/her full potential as a human being.
The key principles of the Montessori method are:
- mixed-age group classes
- a structured, child-oriented environment,
- activity based, sensorial learning
- students working at their optimal pace
- excellent executive function development
Above all else, the single greatest benefit of the Montessori method is the love of learning, self-confidence, and curiosity that flourishes in our students and prepares them for whatever the world has in store.
If you are at all interested in our school, please contact us to arrange an observation in one of our classrooms so you can see the Montessori method yourself.
- You will be in a class with children your own age and children that are 1 or 2 years younger and/or older than you.
- The teacher will teach you new work when you are ready.
- You will be learning at your own pace and you get to choose the activities that you will perform each day (with some guidance from the teacher).
- You will not be sitting in a chair listening to the teacher talk all day.
- You will be moving about the classroom working on your own and in small groups.
- You will have the opportunity to mentor younger children and you will learn and observe what the older children are doing.
- Please call us to arrange an observation so you can see for yourself how the classrooms operate.
- You will receive weekly updates from our staff, regular feedback on your child, in-class observations, parent-teacher conferences, detailed written progress reports, newsletters, etc.
- Your child will be respected, challenged to reach their highest and best self and offered the gift of a life-long love of learning.